#0211 Managing Difficult Times in the Foster Home
Charles E. Confer
Managing Difficult Times in the Foster Home provides a solid foundation for skills building either in a group training format or as a self-instruction program for foster parents.
The curriculum goals include:
- Definitions and examples of what a ?difficult time? actually is.
- The importance of maintaining a strong personal relationship with the youth
- Less is More as a guide to interventions.
- The importance of LISTENING
- Attitudes and Values which will assist the parent to manage the difficult times.
- Various interventions and skills to be used in managing difficult times.
- Actions foster parents can implement to take care of themselves as they manage difficult times in the foster family.
- Actions which may prevent difficult times from occurring in the family.
Specific skill objectives of the training program include:
- Foster parents will be able to identify and describe situations which are generally accepted as ?difficult times.?
- Foster parents will identify personal values and attitudes which will enable them to successfully manage ?difficult times? when they occur in the foster home.
- Foster parents will practice skills to be used with youth to manage or prevent difficult times.
- Foster parents will explore actions they can take to help themselves cope with family ?difficult times.?
#0211 Managing Difficult Times in the Foster Home $6.50 Ea. 10+ $5.55 Ea.
#0212 Managing Difficult Times in the Foster Home :
To support and enhance the group training process, the Trainer's Guide provides:
- information on adults as learners;
- suggested training format;
- specific trainer's tips in support of the workbook content;
- a set of transparency masters for the overhead projector or as a guide for preparing flip charts;
- a CD containing the overhead masters in a PowerPoint presentation and a full color certificate of participation in .pdf format;
- a generic invitation to the training and a certificate of completion along with an evaluation form both designed to be reproduced and used by the trainer - all integrated within the workbook's content.
In addition, a copy of the workbook is included with the Trainer?s Guide.
#0212 Managing Difficult Times in the Foster Home:
Trainer?s Guide: $25.00
Download Data Sheet